Sunday, March 6, 2011

Email from a Dimock Resident...

Email dated: Jan 29, 2011
> >
> > From my porch, as I said, I can now see three separate wells. Two are Chesapeake and one is Cabot. Also, in December I was contacted by a representative of Chesapeake. The DEP requirement is that the companies test all water sources within 1000 feet of a proposed well. Chesapeake has decided to go out 4000 feet from a well they are planning to start near here. I am not close enough to be in the bargining unit (i.e. I won't get any money.) but I am within the 4000 feet radius. Two water testing company representatives came to the house and collected 15 water samples, and tested why well head for methane. I should get the results within a week or two.
> >
> > Keep in mind that most of the water used on a site is trucked in. I believe that Chesapeake either has or plans to drill a local well that they can use. I don't know that for sure, but when the weather gets better I will look in to that. What I have personally noticed about our water is that in the past several months, there seems to be more ?tiny air bubbles? in the water - but it comes and goes.
> >
> > I haul water to 27 goats and 2 llamas every day, so I keep a close eye on how my water looks. You can be sure if something happened to my well water I couldn't get enough bottled water from the grocery store to take care of my livestock!
> >
> > Right now the well about 1.5 miles from me is pretty noisy - however I am inside with everything closed up, so I pretty much don't notice it. Even in the summer/fall when I was sitting on the porch, a lot of the noise was muffled because of all the trees and hills. Also, don't forget, at the end of all this, almost all of the equipment will go away, and the residual equipment, should not be noisy at all. We'll see - since I will be at the Blaisure site taking pictures and will be able to report how noisy it really is. By the way, to me the worst noise is the safety back up beepers on the fork lifts. Drives me crazy! You know that will be going away. Also, it seems that the drillers do a lot of work at night while most people are sleeping.
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment